Thursday, April 7, 2011

Can we say "addicted?"

OK, in the last 2 months I have been a very bad girl! lol! Seriously, I don't even know how much money I spent on books here lately. It would be easier for me to just list all the books I've bought. I can't help it! Our used book store is amazing!!!!

Sometimes I just can't fight that crazy all-consuming impulse to buy books! If I find a good deal on a book I've heard about and planned on reading anyway... SOLD! A quote I remember reading from my favorite series ever, Fever - go figure, said that "If I can find something for cheaper than what I would have paid for it at Walmart, then I get to have it!" What a wonderful justification system!! lol!

Well here is my list of damage... And as much as I say in my mind "No More!", I'm sure I will be adding to it all too soon!!

Defiance - Strange Angels #4
Afterlight - The Dark Ink Chronicles #1
Nightshade - Nightshade #1
Entice - Need #3
The Fallen - Volume 1
My Soul to Keep - Soul Screamers #3
Glimmerglass - Faeriewalker #1
Unwind - Unwind #1
Tantilaize - Tantilize #1
Spell of the Highland Warrior - Highlander #8
Unearthly - Unearthly #1
Wither - Chemical Garden #1
Some Girls Bite - Chicagoland Vampires #1
Friday Night Bites - Chicagoland Vampires #2
The Backdoor of Midnight - Darkest Secrets #3
The Darkest Pleasure - Immortals After Dark #3
City of Fallen Angels - The Mortal Instruments #4 (two copies, one for me and one for our contest winner)
Lover Avenged - BDB #7
Lover Mine - BDB #8
Dark Visions (3 books in 1)
The Forbidden Game (3 books in 1)
Halo - Halo #1
Angel - The Angel Trilogy #1
The Dead-Tossed Waves - The Forest of Hands and Teeth #2
The Dark and Hollow Places - The Forest of Hands and Teeth #3
Radiant Shadows - Wicked Lovely #4
Darkest Mercy - Wicked Lovely #5
The Iron King - Iron Fey #1
The Iron Daughter - Iron Fey #2
The Iron Queen - Iron Fey #3
Storm Born - Dark Swan #1
Thorn Queen - Dark Swan #2
Iron Crowned - Dark Swan #3
Matched - Matched #1
The Black Dagger Brotherhood - (Box Set Books) 1-6
The Highlander Series - (Ebay Lot) Books 1-5
Night World - Volumes 1-3
The Faierie Path - The Faerie Path #1
The Lost Queen - The Faerie Path #2
Leaving Paradise - Leaving Paradise #1
Return to Paradise - Leaving Paradise #2
The Awakening - Darkest Powers #1
The Summoning - Darkest Powers #2
Kissed By an Angel - Volume 1
Beautiful Creatures - Caster Chronicles #1
The Devouring - The Devouring #1
Captivate - Need #2
Darkest Secrets - Volume 2
The Fallen - Volume 2
Jonas - Beautiful Dead #1
Lords of the Underworld - Books 1-6
Stray - Shifters #1
Paranormalcy - Paranormalcy #1
A Tale of Two Cities
Jane Eyre
Spirit Bound - Vampire Academy #5 (read them all but needed to complete my collection!)

7 comments:

LRAtRandom said...

I'm right there with you, since I bought my awesome bookshelf I have been super obsessed with buying books. I have bought probably close to the same amount as you (maybe more, who knows) although I really don't want to find out an exact number, Haha. I will just remain happily unaware!

I don't think I'm completely at fault here either..I am choosing to share the blame! I will blame amazon, Hastings and the used book store less than a block from my house for having good deals. But most of all I blame borders for going out of business! Then again I should be thanking all of these places for helping me build what I now call my library for the fraction of the price!!

Ok I'm done rambling now :-)

Amber said...

lol!! I know what you mean! I blame hastings, ebay and our local bookstore too!! I am a sucker for a good deal. I say, if i can find it cheaper than what I would buy it for at walmart, then I can have it! lol! (I think Mac from Fever said that and it stuck with me as my justification for everything! lol)

LRAtRandom said...

That's a great saying, I may have to borrow it once in a while!

Amber said...

Yeah I had to add that to the original post! lol!

Carrie said...

I live out in the middle of nowhere...our closest library is more than 1/2 an hour away and it's not a very good library...So, I, too am addicted to buying books online or at Walmart whenever we make it to the big city! :) Have any of you tried half.com? You can find really good deals on there!

Amber said...

Thanks for the heads up! I will definitely have to try that site out! I have been pretty loyal to gohastings.com. They have amazing deals and free shipping, but I am always open to new sites with great prices!! Thanks for sharing!!

Amber said...

I added about 10-15 more... I'm horrible! lol!!